For sale is a REAL 1963 Studebaker Avanti R-1, #4383. Power steering,
power windows, power brake (front disks). The car is complete, with all
the original parts (15 bins of new, original, and spare parts and
documentation). This was a "hot rod" project that was never finished. It
has a new, 1963 "round headlight" front end (the original was damaged)
which was laid-up with carbon fiber. The entire engine-bay is laminated
in carbon fiber as well. It has the original motor with an ATL racing
fuel cell, electric fuel pump, Eldibrock carb, and Brake-tech disk brake
kits (I have all the original parts as well).
Here is what needs to be done:
1. Paint and body prep (bare fiberglass right now). Originally black with faun interior.
2. Interior. I have the original interior but that can only be used as a guide.
3. Finish disk brake kit install. I have it most of the way done.
4. Install passenger exhaust manifold. The original cracked so I removed it but have not installed the NOS replacement.
Ran great when I stopped working on it 3 years ago, since then it has
sat in my garage. Again, it is complete with all of the chrome,
stainless steel, and bright-work. It also has the original
air-conditioning unit and a lot of spare parts including spare axles,
king-pins, steering ram, radiator, blinker housings, and more! Also have
the original Bendex disk brakes and the aftermarket Hydrocyl stainless
steel upgrades, along with the Brake-tec kits. I also have a lot of
literature and documentation including the shop guide, the shop guide
addendum, parts guides, and more. I also have all maintenance
I am asking $5300.00 for the whole thing, but I am open to offers. I
also would be willing to part out the vehicle as well but would rather
sell it all together and see her fully restored. Here's a chance to get a
hot rod project car, and a very rare car at that (only about 2000 ever
made) for cheap! Everything you need is here! If you are interested call
me at 360-936-7676. Thanks!
- Location: Vancouver
- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests